Relocating to a new city can be both intensely exciting and extremely stressful. Finding a new place to call home can genuinely pose a challenge, especially when it’s in an unfamiliar area — and quite often, there’s a period between when you arrive in a new city and when your new home becomes available for move-in. If you’re relocating to Atlanta, Georgia or Jacksonville, Florida, TP Corporate Lodging can eliminate the hassle of finding a short-term housing solution for you and your family. Our relocation program can put you in a fully furnished apartment, complete with amenities, for an affordable short-term rental rate.
Common Temporary Housing Options
When moving to a new place, people who need temporary housing will generally gravitate to one of the following for solutions:
- Hotel/motel — The most common lodging solution to arrange is a hotel or motel. Hotels offer convenience and can work well for short stays of a few days or less, but they can be very pricey and cramped for more extended stays.
- Extended stay hotel — For stays lasting longer than a week, extended stay hotels typically provide suite-like accommodations, often with kitchens or kitchenettes, for lower weekly or monthly rates.
- Vacation rental platforms (e.g., Airbnb) — Airbnb and similar online platforms have gained popularity in recent years as a way for people to find short-term rentals of furnished rooms or private homes, usually at rates competitive with hotels.
- Corporate Apartments — One of the most convenient and economical choices, corporate housing consists of fully furnished apartments provided through a separate agency specializing in housing for business travelers and corporate relocation.
The Economical Choice: Corporate Housing
Let’s face facts: Relocation is expensive. Not only do you have the cost of moving itself, but you also have the costs of rent deposits or home down payments, setting up housekeeping, and in some cases redecorating and renovating. The one expense that is the most variable is the cost of temporary housing. If you can move into your new home right away, you can cut that cost entirely. If you must wait weeks or months before move-in, the costs can skyrocket into the thousands of dollars. Naturally, the more you can save on this expense, the better.
Among the housing solutions listed above, one of the most affordable and cost-effective choices is corporate housing. By working with a relocation service, you can live in a comfortable apartment for as long as necessary — for a fraction of the cost of a hotel room. You can also cook and eat your food in the fully equipped kitchen, avoiding the costs of expensive hotel food.
Advantages of Finding Great Relocation Housing
Aside from the economic savings, what advantages can you expect by working with a corporate housing service during your relocation?
- Relax in comfort. A fully furnished apartment feels much more like home than a hotel room, giving you space to spread out, relax, and actually live in the space for as long as you need.
- Additional amenities. By staying in corporate housing, you get access to all the amenities of the apartment community where you’re staying. These may include fitness centers, picnic grounds, business facilities, swimming pools, high-speed Internet, laundry service, and more.
- An excellent choice for corporate relocation, as well. If your company is opening a new branch or relocating numerous team members, a corporate housing company can easily arrange temporary housing for all your employees.
Whether you’re relocating for a new job, a job transfer, or just looking for a change of pace, we make finding temporary housing in Atlanta or Jacksonville easy. Our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect place to call home temporarily. Want to be close to shopping, city transportation, “A” rated schools or work? Let us know your needs, and we can provide you a list of quality apartments to choose from.
Let TP Corporate Lodging check off your housing needs from that extensive list of “to do’s.” Call us today at 800-428-9997 to see how we can assist you with this exciting new chapter in your life.